The city of Los Angeles is proposing very restrictive permanent code changes for ALL city council districts in Los Angeles county.
These changes if implemented will hurt future property values throughout Los Angeles by not allowing homeowners the same rights/ allowances taken by their neighbors to build new construction (for personal use or development) under today’s current code, which has already been heavily restricted in various parts of Los Angeles in particular to Baseline Hillside Ordinance (BHO) and Baseline Mansionization Ordinance (BMO).
Key impacts of proposed changes are:
1. Reduction of 20-50% of buildable square footage per property.
2. Implementation of grading limits for hillside properties.
3. New restrictions on hauling route.
4. Removal of Green Building Tier 1 floor area bonus.
5. The removal of exempted garages other than detached garages in the BMO.
6. Short timeline for implementation of these code changes during holiday seasons is unacceptable.
7. Removal of 20% bonus for proper articulation of structures.
As we enter our final week of public testimony before the City Planning Department of Los Angeles prepares their draft motion to LA City Council, I wanted to provide you with the information to come provide in person testimony or have the chance to send in a letter via email or hard copy to city representatives as you see fit.
If you are a homeowner in Los Angeles and would like to voice your concerns, I have template letter you can send to Ms. Hagu Soloman-Cary of City of Los Angeles Department of City Planning. Template Letter Requests can be sent to my personal email at firstname.lastname@example.org.