Just bought a home in Pasadena? Wondering what to do for the long weekend? Look no further—I’ve rounded up some amazing activities and sales happening right here in Pasadena. So whether you’re a newbie to the neighborhood or a life long resident, get ready for some Labor Day fun!
Friday, September 4th
It’s another First Friday outing — start with FREE admittance to the Norton Simon Museum before heading over to Starbucks for coffee, wine, beer, and some gourmet bites, all set to the sounds of a DJ. That’s right. From 7pm-10pm, Mr. Garfield Adams will be spinning some sweet jams in the lobby of Starbucks Old Pasadena. (Woot!)
More interested in a movie? One Colorado is showing Disney’s The Jungle Book for FREE. Starting at 7:30pm, get ready for family-fun and salty/sweet snacks (while they last). What better way to end summer than with an outdoor flick?
Saturday, September 5th
Get ready for the melodic sounds of Drew Tabor, live on the One Colorado stage. In 2011, Tabor became an Internet sensation after her cover of Nicki Minaj’s Super Bass went viral. Today, she delights her fans, “Drewbies,” with her guitar and ukelele covers and sweet vocals. Come hear the singer-songwriter from 12pm – 2pm.
Sunday, September 6th
Looking for more free music? On Sunday at the Levitt Pavilion, enjoy the sounds of Nobresil. “The group works magic with a mix of classic Brazilian tunes, infectious new compositions and fresh twists such as on The Gershwins’ ‘Fascinating Rhythm’ and the Oscar-winning ballad ‘Up Where We Belong.’ Nobresil is part pop, part jazz, and part World music.”
The fun starts at 5:30pm at the Pavillion; music begins at 7pm.
Monday, September 7th
Shoppers! Ready your wallets for Labor Day sales:
- Madewell — 30% off fall essentials and an extra 30% off all sale styles.
- Steve Madden — 20% off all orders over $100 and 25% off all orders over $125.
- Sur La Table — 10% off your entire purchase, including sale and clearance.
- GAP — up to 40% off of everything.
- Banana Republic — 40% off your purchase
- Athleta — 20% off of all sports bras and support tops
- Anthropologie — extra 30% off sale items
- Kate Spade — extra 25% off all sale items